Please upgrade your browser.
Waiting For Assesment Workshop
New Heights Autism Support Society, 624 Tranquille Rd., Kamloops, BC
Join us at New Heights Autism Support Society on October 5th for a 3 hour workshop that covers the essential information that families need to know during the start of their autism journey.
- Basic information about autism
- How to prepare for an autism assessment and what your family can do while you wait
- Pros and cons of private vs. public assessments and diagnoses
- What to expect at the assessment and after a diagnosis
- Tips on coping strategies, how to talk to your family and friends about autism, etc.
You will also have the opportunity to pose questions to a Board-Certified Behavioural Analyst (BCBA). For many families, this workshop is the first touchpoint to the autism community and is a place to meet other parents and families facing similar challenges in your community.
- Children with autism across B.C. get the best standard of care and support possible to enable them to reach their full potential
- Families across B.C. are empowered to make educated decisions about their child’s autism assessment process
- Families across B.C are empowered to access the support and information they need
- Families access the timeliest autism diagnosis possible
Refreshments will be provided.
Speaker: Gabrielle Stigant, BCBA
Workshop Cost: $20
Thank you to our venue sponsor:
|NeonCRM by Neon One|