Please upgrade your browser.
Waiting For Assessment Workshop
January 18th, 2020
Aspire Workshop Company, 3-415 Dunedin St, Victoria
Join for a 3 hour workshop that covers the essential information that families need to know at the start of their autism journey.
- Basic information about autism
- How to prepare for an autism assessment and what your family can do while you wait
- Pros and cons of private vs. public assessments and diagnoses
- What to expect at the assessment and after a diagnosis
- Tips on coping strategies, how to talk to your family and friends about autism, etc.
You will also have the opportunity to pose questions to a Board-Certified Behavioural Analyst (BCBA).
For many families, this workshop is the first touchpoint to the autism community. It is a place to meet others facing similar challenges in your community.
- Children with autism across B.C. get the best standard of care and support possible to enable them to reach their full potential
- Families across B.C. are empowered to make educated decisions about their child’s autism assessment process
- Families across B.C are empowered to access the support and information they need
- Families access the timeliest autism diagnosis possible
Refreshments will be provided.
Speaker: Gabrielle Stigant, M.Ed., BCBA
Gabrielle Stigant is a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst who has been working in the field of Applied Behaviour Analysis with children with autism since 2002. She completed her Masters of Education with a focus in Special Education and Autism at the University of British Columbia. She has worked with children with autism between the ages of 15 months and 15 years. Prior to running a private practice, she worked for a non-profit organization. Gabrielle develops and oversees early intervention programs and provides consultation services to families and professionals. Her services include parent coaching and developing and facilitating social skill groups.
Cost: FREE. Donations to AutismBC are welcome but not required.
This workshop is presented in partnership with Aspire Workshop Company, a new company created by the owners of Stepping Stones Therapy. Aspire Workshop Company was created to fill a void in the Victoria area by providing workshops for caregivers and parents of children with autism and oter related disabilities. To learn more, visit https://www.facebook.com/Aspire-Workshop-Company.
Funding support thanks to:
You do not need to be an AutismBC member to attend, but membership has it perks.
To check your AutismBC membership status please login by clicking here.
To sign up for FREE AutismBC membership click here.
|NeonCRM by Neon One|