Waiting For Assessment Workshop
February 22, 2020
Raj Chouhan, MLA Community Office - 5234 Rumble St, Burnaby
Join us for a 3 hour workshop covering the essential information that families need to know at the start of their autism journey.
- Basic information about autism
- How to prepare for an autism assessment and what your family can do while you wait
- Pros and cons of private vs. public assessments and diagnoses
- What to expect at the assessment and after a diagnosis
- Tips on coping strategies, how to talk to your family and friends about autism, etc.
You will also have the opportunity to pose questions to a Board-Certified Behavioural Analyst (BCBA).
For many families, this workshop is the first touchpoint to the autism community. It is a place to meet others facing similar challenges in your community.
- Children with autism across B.C. get the best standard of care and support possible to enable them to reach their full potential
- Families across B.C. are empowered to make educated decisions about their child’s autism assessment process
- Families across B.C are empowered to access the support and information they need
- Families access the timeliest autism diagnosis possible
Speaker: Michele Shilvock
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
You don't need to be an AutismBC member to attend, but membership has its perks.
To check your AutismBC membership status please click here to log in.
To sign up for FREE AutismBC membership click here.
|NeonCRM by Neon One|